Yesterday’s race meet at Caymanas Park marked the end of an era, as Supreme Ventures will assume responsibility for the racing complex, effective Tuesday, March 7, this through the divestment process.Although the track will retain its name, Caymanas Track Limited (CTL), previously the sole promoters of horse racing in Jamaica, will now hand over to Supreme Ventures Racing and Entertainment Limited, a subsidiary of gaming giant Supreme Ventures Limited.This being the last meet before the takeover, CTL directed that there would be no carry-overs in exotic bets. As a result, mandatory payments were made after the last race on the Pick-9, Super-6, Pick-4, Triple and Hi-five wagers.Meanwhile, the management of Supreme Ventures has already had meetings with various stakeholders.When contacted during the races at Caymanas Park yesterday, Paul Hoo, chairman of Supreme Ventures Limited, said further meetings are scheduled for tomorrow with the owners, breeders and OTB franchise owners to pave the way for a smooth transition on Tuesday morning.Meanwhile, yesterday’s meet, which saw each of the races run in honour of CTL directors and an the open allowance feature in honour of Finance Minister Audley Shaw, saw six favourites being unsaddled in the winners’ enclosure.They included CRUCIAL APPEAL at 6-5 in the Hon Audley Shaw Trophy over the straight, the seven-year-old gelding coming through on the stands’ side early in the last furlong to beat hat-trick seeker GARY GLITTER (2-1) and long-time leader SIR BUDGET (5-2) by 23/4 lengths in a field of nine.RECORD TIMERidden by three-time champion Dane Nelson for trainer Dwight Chen and owner Howard Hamilton, CRUCIAL APPEAL covered the distance in near track record time of 56.4 behind splits of 22.2, 44.3.Earlier in the afternoon, 4-5 favourite SUPREME MAGIC beat 7-2 chance on the wire to lift the Roderick ‘Pilot’ Francis Memorial Cup (claiming $180,000) over 1200 metres, with Shamaree Muir riding for trainer Neive Graham and popular owner O’Shaun Connection.The Hon Fayval Williams Trophy over 1400 metres saw 8-1 chance ROGAMMA winning in a driving finish from 3-2 favourite LAWS OF THE CODE to give trainer Richard Azan his first win of the season.
The Nimba branch of the national Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) has identified Wea Clan in Buu–Yao Administrative District as a marijuana production center in the county.Speaking to reporters on August 31, DEA County Commander, Col. Julius Kanubah, said citizens in Wea Clan, some of the residents are involved more in the cultivation of marijuana than their staple food, rice.He added that most of the marijuana that has been seized from traffickers is believed to have come from the area. The Clan has approximately five towns including Beaplay, old and new Beadatuo towns, Wea Neintuo and Binwea.Col. Kanubah explained that about two years ago, DEA officers raided several farms in the clan and destroyed huge quantities of young marijuana crops, but those in the production of the illegal substance continued to conduct business in the narcotic drug.He added that due to the limited manpower and the recent outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus disease (EVD), the DEA has been unable to regularly visit some of the suspected farms.He named two towns in the clan where marijuana crops are mainly produced as Wea Beadatuo and Wea Newtown respectively.Col Kanuba also named the Gbi Forest in Lower Nimba County as one of the areas where marijuana is heavily cultivated, more than rice.The Gbi Forest is situated around the Gbi and Dorlu Administrative Districts in Tappita Statutory District, Lower Nimba County. The serious challenges of accessibility to that part of the county presents an apparent security for those growing marijuana undisturbed.However, Col. Kanuba said the DEA is working with the civil authority in Buu–Yao Administrative District; a neighboring district, to help sensitize the residents to desist from cultivating marijuana.In a related development, a Nigerian national who was recently arrested and charged with cocaine trafficking in Ganta has been sent to court for trial.Paul Omerny Ikebgunm was charged for “unlawful possession of a narcotic drug (cocaine) and is expected to appear at the Sanniquellie Magisterial Court to answer to the charge.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The World Record is 15,500km and Marcelo hopes to reach the world record after driving to Vancouver, Calgary and then Edmonton. He depends heavily on volunteers and sponsors. For more on being a sponsor or volunteer visit his site www.xof1.com You can also listen to the entire interview Adam Reaburn did with Marcelo de Luz during his visit to Fort St. John [asset|aid=324|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=5c9e36138a44a8ee3f1baaabf81969fb-Solar Car Interview_1_Pub.mp3] Photo: The solar powered vehicle re-charges after driving from Wonowon Friday – Adam Reaburn/Energeticcity.caMarcelo da Luz is on a journey to set a world record, a record powered by the sun. – Advertisement -Marcelo designed and built a solar powered vehicle that he has driven from Buffalo New York to Inuvik. He’s currently on his way back from Inuvik and only 2,500km away from setting the world record. Marcelo says the reason he’s doing this is to show just what solar power can do. [asset|aid=322|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=5c9e36138a44a8ee3f1baaabf81969fb-Marcelo-1_1_Pub.mp3] Along the journey he’s had a lot of strange looks as the vehicle looks like a UFO. [asset|aid=323|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=5c9e36138a44a8ee3f1baaabf81969fb-Marcelo-2_1_Pub.mp3] Advertisement
Today electric vehicles typically cost about 25 per cent more than non-electric ones, but they can save motorists about 75 per cent of their fuel costs. Energy Minister Bill Bennett says the province will offer incentives for the purchase or lease of new battery electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles, and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.“Now with our third consecutive balanced budget, we’re able to afford about $10.5 million that’s going to go into, first and foremost, some $5,000 incentives to consumers who will buy electric vehicles,” Minister Bennett goes on to say. “There’s also $1 million that’s going to go towards developing electric vehicle fleets, and there’s about $1.6 million that’s going to go into charging stations – which is part and parcel what you need to do.”“You can’t just stop at incentivising people to buy electric vehicles; you also have to make it easier for them to recharge.”- Advertisement -The second phase of the program begins next Wednesday April 1, 2015, and the Ministry of Energy will administer and implement it in partnership with the Fraser Basin Council, the Canadian Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association, and the New Car Dealers Association of BC – which is led by President and CEO Blair Qualey.“We’ve been talking to the government, I think for a year now, around the opportunity to…recharge the Clean Energy Vehicle Program, so we’re all excited about that – we think it’s terrific news,” says Qualey. “We were honoured to run the last program for the provincial government, and we’re really pleased to see the minister make the announcement.”Qualey adds, “This government’s shown strong leadership on the environment; strong leadership around the automotive sector, so this is terrific news for British Columbia and our environment.”Advertisement
THIS beautiful dog has been found at Mountain Top in Letterkenny this evening.If this pooch is yours, please call Ian on 0868723567 LOST ON CHRISTMAS EVE: IS THIS YOUR MISSING DOG? was last modified: December 24th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2 At the same time, however, the memos suggest that the data might be difficult to retrieve by thieves. “Given the file format used to store the data, the data may not be easily accessible,” stated one memo dated May 5. On Wednesday, the VA did not say why it didn’t immediately reveal that personal information such as addresses and phone numbers had been disclosed. WASHINGTON – Personal information on 26.5 million veterans that was stolen from a Veterans Affairs employee last month not only included Social Security numbers and birthdates but in many cases phone numbers and addresses, internal documents show. Meanwhile, VA Secretary Jim Nicholson said Wednesday that he had named a former Arizona prosecutor as a special adviser for information security, a new three-month post that will pinpoint security problems at the VA and develop recommendations for improvements. The three pages of memos by the VA, written by privacy officer Mark Whitney and distributed to high-level officials shortly after the May 3 burglary, offer new details on the scope of one of the nation’s largest security breaches. The memos were obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press. They show that a file containing 6,744 records pertaining to “mustard gas veterans” – or those who participated in chemical testing programs during World War II – was breached, and that a “short file” with as many as 10 diagnostic codes indicating a veteran’s disability also was stolen. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? 1 RANKED Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade The video has horrified his followers on Instagram huge blow Everyone has had something to say on the matter including talkSPORT’s Ally McCoist and some of the Crystal Palace squad are the most recent to watch the cringeworthy video and their reactions were brilliantly caught on camera.Goalkeepers Wayne Hennessey and Julian Speroni were among the viewers, while it all became too much for midfielder Jason Puncheon.As Evra began spanking the raw poultry, Hennessey shakes his head in disgust and walks away muttering “I don’t need to see no more.”Puncheon is also unimpressed saying: “I’m done, I’m done.” Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade REVEALED MONEY Latest Football News REVEALED BEST OF no dice ADVICE If you have not already seen it, you’ve probably heard all about Patrice Evra’s most recent bizarre video which he posted on his Instagram page on Wednesday.The former Manchester United defender is seen in the footage strangely licking, kissing, biting and slapping a raw chicken. Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card
A dead horse which has been dead face down in the River Swilly in Letterkenny since last Wednesday was still at the location last night.Donegaldaily visited the scene of the incident last night to examine the scene.The horse has a cover and also a bridal but is beginning to decay. We first reported the story of the abandoned horse last Saturday after a member of the public contacted us to express their outrage.The woman was out walking when she came across the horse in the river close to the Letterkenny Town Council offices.Since we reported the story we have received a number of emails about the horse.One woman who contacted us revealed how she reported the case to the Gardai last Wednesday. The woman said her three year old niece had even seen the dead horse. DEAD HORSE STILL IN RIVER FIVE DAYS AFTER IT WAS REPORTED was last modified: April 1st, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:horseRIVER SWILLY
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe top 10 theme park moments of 2019 Thursday: Chile egg puff, Spanish rice, pinto beans, marinated tomatoes and onions, tortilla, pudding, juice. Friday: Beef tips, noodles, carrots, spinach salad, whole-grain bread, gelatin with fruit, juice. Lunch is served at 11:30 a.m. weekdays at the Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center, 22900 Market St., Newhall; and the Bouquet Canyon Senior Apartments, 26705 Bouquet Canyon Road, Saugus. The cost is $2 at the Senior Center and $2.50 at Bouquet Canyon Apartments, and includes a beverage. Here is this week’s menu: Monday: Meatloaf with gravy, mashed potatoes, succotash, tossed salad, whole-grain bread, apple. Tuesday: Chicken Supreme, au gratin potatoes, mixed California vegetables, mixed green salad, whole-grain bread, pineapple chunks. Wednesday: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrot-pineapple slaw, whole-grain bread, cookies, juice. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s popularity among Latinos has plummeted in the last several months, with only 17 percent approving of his performance as governor. Although the drop in popularity reflects the general trend, Latinos have very specific reasons for their movement away from Schwarzenegger. As governor of a key state with an economy rivaling that of major industrialized nations, California’s relationship with Mexico is crucial. Yet during Schwarzenegger’s tenure as governor, the state’s links with our southern neighbor have taken a beating. Although he has stated a number of times how much he likes Mexico because he made a number of movies there, the fact is that Schwarzenegger’s relationship with Mexican leaders has been chilly. In part it has to do with the governor’s statements about the border. Schwarzenegger came out in support of the Minuteman Project, stating that the border needs to be “closed.” He soon tried to defuse the remark with humor, saying he needs to go back to school and improve his English because what he really meant was “secure” the border. But then he reiterated his support for the Minutemen, whom President George W. Bush labeled “vigilantes.” Mexican leaders are very sensitive to border issues because they realize very well that illegal immigration to the U.S. is a clear indication that they fail as government officials. If they managed to provide enough jobs, there wouldn’t be a “border problem” as there isn’t with Canada. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Schwarzenegger’s actions with Latinos in California have also come under fire. One of the first things he did as governor was to push the Legislature to repeal SB 60, a law which would have given undocumented workers the right to obtain driver’s licenses. The governor promised Democratic legislators he would support a new and improved law to accomplish the same task. Yet, he hasn’t. Even a new bill passed this year which would give undocumented workers driver’s licenses with a distinct design and color – conditions he demanded a year ago – does not satisfy him. Schwarzenegger’s problems with Latinos are real, as evidenced by a recent letter written by a group of Latino Republicans. The letter states that the governor has done little to deserve Latino support and points out that he has appointed virtually no Latinos to his Cabinet. One of the complaints in the letter is the fact that Schwarzenegger does not support Latino candidates running for office. The letter also attacks California’s GOP as “morally wrong and politically stupid.” The GOP relationship with immigrants and particularly Latinos has always been cool at best. Schwarzenegger’s actions reflect some strategists’ belief that the Republican Party’s embrace of the Minutemen and other right-wing groups alienates Latinos and hands over their votes to the Democratic Party. Latino members of the GOP tend to be strong supporters of their party officials. When a group of them openly criticizes a sitting governor, it means that serious problems are certainly present. Margita Thompson, a Schwarzenegger spokeswoman, has said that the governor has done a lot to improve the lives of all Californians, and that includes Latinos. She pointed to an improved economic climate and gave credit to Schwarzenegger. But, given the governor’s plummeting approval rating, few people seem to buy that argument. Schwarzenegger’s initial popularity as governor infected everyone, including Latinos, 31 percent of whom voted for him. Now that he has been governor for almost two years, people have had a chance to see what he actually does. Schwarzenegger recently announced that he will seek re-election in 2006. The Latino vote represents 14 percent of the total California electorate. Can Schwarzenegger prevail without the support of this rising group? Domenico Maceri is a professor of Romance languages at Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!