To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Topics : The secretary of the coordinating economic minister, Susiwijono Moegiarso, said in Jakarta on Tuesday that the new stimulus package would ease procedures to import raw materials from countries outside China and procedures to export wood-related products.Earlier on Wednesday, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo called on government officials to respond to the global dynamics, asking officials to relax import procedures.“Supply from China has been disrupted and thus we need to relax [procedures]. If not, prices will skyrocket and this will drive inflation,” Jokowi said.Read also: World Bank unveils $12b aid package to combat coronavirus“It is all the same for exports as we need to supply other countries,” he said. “Procedures must be relaxed and simplified. But first we need to pay attention to sufficiency of raw materials.”Bank Indonesia projected weakening economic activities in tourism, exports and imports to drag down the country’s economic growth to 4.9 percent in the first quarter before picking up in subsequent quarters.BI Governor Perry Warjiyo said COVID-19 had hurt businesses engaged in trade as well as tourism-related industries in February, which would likely continue but bottom out in March.“Recovery is likely to take place in the next six months after bottoming out in February and March,” Perry briefed media leaders at the central bank in Jakarta.Fitch Ratings director of sovereign ratings Thomas Rookmaaker said the outbreak could cause a short-term deterioration of revenue performance through its effects on economic activity.Read also: Businesses call for transparent action in handling novel coronavirus”The self-imposed fiscal deficit ceiling of 3 percent of GDP would limit the government’s capacity to materially relax fiscal policy,” Rookmaaker told The Jakarta Post over email interview.Rookmaaker said that any deterioration in fiscal metrics as a result of the virus would likely be short-lived. “We forecast a fiscal deficit of 2.2 percent of GDP in 2020 and expect the debt-to-GDP ratio to rise only marginally in the next few years.” The government is working to finalize eight measures that will be incorporated in a second stimulus package aimed at easing rules for exports and imports as supply chains continue to be disrupted by the spread of COVID-19, Coordinating Economic Minister Airlangga Hartarto said on Wednesday.The stimulus, he said, would be bigger than the first one.“Trade easing will be expanded to keep the momentum of boosting exports,” Airlangga said in Jakarta. “We are also working to relax the income tax and import duty to boost production.” The measure follows the unveiling of a Rp 10.3 trillion (US$725 million) stimulus package last week to support consumer spending and tourism.Read also: BI expects Q1 economic growth to drop to 4.9% as virus hurts tourism, tradeAirlangga said the second stimulus package would be worth more than Rp 10 trillion, adding that the government would announce the new stimulus package soon to help support trade. “Several export-import licenses will be removed given the current circumstances.”Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati said in Jakarta on Monday that the government would ease import requirements of raw materials for local manufacturers as the disruption of the supply chain from China due to COVID-19 had begun to affect the country’s manufacturing sector.
Construction has started on the first stage of a $125 million dual tower community centred around the city’s iconic SkyNeedle.He said SkyNeedle Apartments were positioned at the heart of South Brisbane, with connectivity to the Brisbane CBD and Southbank.A cafe during stage two will be incorporated at the base of the SkyNeedle, becoming a standout feature enhanced by water features.An exclusive residents’ recreational space will include a resort-style pool, barbecue pavilions and seating areas. Mr Pradella said next year marked the 30-year milestone since SkyNeedle made its debut at Expo 88 and expected the first tower to be completed by late 2018. Developer Pradella has started construction on the first stage of a $125 million dual tower community centred around the city’s iconic SkyNeedle.Brisbane hairdresser Stefan Ackerie bought the structure in the 80s, later selling it to developer Pradella Group in 2015.More from newsCrowd expected as mega estate goes under the hammer7 Aug 2020Hard work, resourcefulness and $17k bring old Ipswich home back to life20 Apr 2020Pradella director Kim Pradella and Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk launched the start of construction on the ‘legacy landmark’, with more than 70 per cent of apartments in the first tower selling for a total of $38 million.Mr Pradella said the first tower included one and two-bedroom units, however a few buyers had opted to amalgamate apartments to create a larger property with a customised floorplan. He said the apartments were designed to be as iconic as their namesake and was Brisbane’s next step in its emergence as a ‘new world city’.“These residences will really be next level in terms of their accessibility and amenity,” Mr Pradella said.“The SkyNeedle makes this community immediately identifiable not only for locals but also visitors. “It is the wow factor that sets this development apart from all others across the city.” Kim Pradella and Lord Mayor Graham Quirk at the SkyNeedle construction site.A BRISBANE icon known for once lighting up the city skyline will get a facelift as part of a new development that has just kicked off.Incorporating the refurbished SkyNeedle as part of South Brisbane’s $125 million dual tower SkyNeedle Aparment project, the first tower will comprise 110 of the total 237 apartments.SkyNeedle, an 88 metre pillar, was a key feature of Brisbane’s World Expo in 1988, and remains a prominent marker on the city skyline.
Cassandra Ranee Hummel, 31, of Moores Hill passed away Thursday April 28, at Dearborn County Hospital at Lawrenceburg. She was born Wednesday February 6, 1985 the daughter of Joseph and Phyllis (Fugate) Hummel. She loved giving hugs, playing with her dog Toto, and making people laugh. She loved her music and toys, and enjoyed holding babies.Cassandra is survived by parents, Phyllis (Bob) Crosthwaite of Moores Hill, father Joseph (Sherry) Hummel of Moores Hill, brothers Anthony Hummel of Dillsboro and Joshua Crosthwaite of Milford, Ohio, sisters: Theresa Ollman of Milan, Amber Gabbard, and Amber Elder both of Moores Hill. She was preceded in death by Paternal Grandparents: William J. (Rosella) Hummel; Maternal Grandparents: Jasper and Mary Fugate. Step Maternal Grandmother: Mattie Florence, one brother: James Hummel.Funeral services will be Monday May 2, 2016, 1PM at Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home with Pastor Steven O’Brien of the Dillsboro Baptist Church officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hill Cemetery at Moores Hill. Visitation will be 3-5 Sunday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to Riley Hospital for Kids through the funeral home. Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, 16717 Manchester St, PO Box 156, Moores Hill, In., 47032, (812)744-3280. Go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.
Batesville, In. — Crews from Cincinnati-based Paul H. Rohe Company return to the Merkel Road project in Batesville next week, weather permitting. Last year, the project was stymied by poor weather conditions, utility conflicts and unforeseen conditions.Mayor Mike Bettice explains the crews will be working on storm sewer infrastructure until June. Widening and other construction will continue through the summer.When the project is complete it will allow improved access to one of the only type structures along I-74 between Indianapolis and Cincinnati.The shell building is about 54,000-square-feet and can be expandable up to 200,000-square-feet. Additionally, the site has ample parking capacity for trucks, trailers and cars.
Does it bother you like it does me when you set up award ceremonies for people and they don’t show up? It is not uncommon today for a high school sports team to have a year-end banquet/awards ceremony and the MVP recipient is not there because they decided to work at McDonald’s instead. This happens more times than you would think.When people my age were in school, if there was an awards ceremony, everyone would come. I guess today awards are not that important. In fact, in the latter years that I was coaching I would wind up each year with a stack of ribbons that no one chose to pick up.Even adults today seem to be too busy to attend celebrations and award programs that are set up for them. How often do you read or see where a professional athlete doesn’t bother to attend ceremonies? People are elected to the All-Star game or Pro-Bowl and refuse the honor. They use excuses like I am too tired, I might get hurt, etc. Does it all go back to the T-ball era when everyone was given a trophy for just showing up? Now awards seem to mean little or nothing to them.
RelatedPosts China waste treatment plant fined $16m for dumping untreated waste Premier League terminates China broadcast contract Why we borrow — Minister After two successive World Cup losses against Russia and Argentina in China, D’Tigers have now shifted their attention to qualifying for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. This was made known by the Nigeria Basketball Federation President, Engr. Musa Kida, ahead of the team’s last game against Korea on Wednesday. Kida said finishing at the World Cup as the highest placed African team is a major catch for the team who are motivated to book an automatic 2020 Olympic Games ticket through the World Cup. To achieve this, Kida has set his eyes on a victory against Korea after D’Tigers bowed out of the contention for a medal finish in China. He said: “Clearly for us, the qualification through the World Cup is still there and if we beat Korea, I am sure we will be coming out as the best performing African country in the World Cup and it will give us an automatic ticket to the 2020 Olympics.” In an exclusive chat with NBBF Media is China, Kida lamented the loss against Russia in a match he described as winnable. He however noted that in the event that the team fails to emerge as the best African team and an automatic World Cup ticket, the NBBF will go back to the drawing board to start preparations in earnest for the Olympic Games Qualifying Tournament. He said: “We are still live and on course for the Olympics. Even if that doesn’t happen, we will still go for the Olympic qualifiers.” Meanwhile, current FIBA Afrobasket Women Champions, D’Tigress, will return to Dakar, where they won their fourth title, to start their OQT in November.Tags: 2020 Olympic GamesArgentinAChinaD’TigersMusa KidaNBBF
Sri Lanka’s defense minister says the bombings were carried out to avenge the deaths of Muslims in attacks at two mosques in New Zealand.The defense minister told Sri Lanka’s parliament that investigations show the attacks on Catholic churches and hotels popular with Westerners were “in retaliation for the attack against Muslims in Christchurch,” though no evidence was provided for that claim.As ISIS claims responsibility for Sri Lanka serial bombings, footage of bomber surfacesThe “liberals” will fall silent now. The lives lost won’t matter anymore https://t.co/LTyNoMDJG6— Nupur J Sharma (@UnSubtleDesi) April 23, 2019 ISIS is claiming responsibility for the Easter Sunday bomb attacks at Christian churches and hotels popular with Westerners in Sri Lanka.The terrorist group made the announcement today about the attacks killed at least 320 people and injured hundreds more. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the Easter Sunday attacks in Sri Lanka, but offered no evidence to support the claim, and there is no direct evidence yet that the terror group was involved. Some of their claims have been false in the past. https://t.co/Ql0pwqTpc8— CNN International (@cnni) April 23, 2019
(REUTERS)-The International Cricket Council’s (ICC) board has voted to pass a new financial model that will reverse a 2014 decision which effectively put India, England and Australia in control of the game’s finances and administration.Under the new financial model and governance structure, the split of revenues from the ICC for the years 2016 to 2023 will be altered to address the imbalance currently favouring the three boards.The measure was passed by 13 votes to one, the governing body said in a statement on Thursday after its meetings at its headquarters in Dubai.The Indian cricket board (BCCI), according to local media, was the only one to oppose the new financial model, which would see their revenue share cut by almost half.Based on current forecasts for revenues and costs, the BCCI would now receive $293 million (£227.87 million) across the eight-year cycle, down from the $570 million it would have received under the 2014 arrangement.The ICC said the England and Wales Cricket Board would be the second-best earners with $143 million, Zimbabwe would receive $94 million while the remaining seven full members would get $132 million each in the new model.A revised constitution, which will allow the ICC to include additional full members in the future, was also approved by 12 votes to two. The decisions would have to be ratified at the ICC’s annual conference in June.ICC Chairman Shashank Manohar, who has been critical of the ‘Big Three’ model, welcomed the vote.“This is another step forward for world cricket and I look forward to concluding the work at the Annual Conference,” former BCCI chief Manohar, who will step down in June due to personal reasons, said.“I am confident we can provide a strong foundation for the sport to grow and improve globally in the future through the adoption of the revised financial model and governance structure.”India, meanwhile, have yet to submit their squad for the upcoming Champions Trophy. The BCCI failed to deliver the squad info by the Tuesday midnight deadline and has not ruled out boycotting the tournament altogether.The ICC board members were also briefed on the security situation in Pakistan following the visit of the ICC delegation to the final of the country’s Twenty20 league in March in Lahore.“The feasibility of further matches in Pakistan involving a World XI is now being considered from a security and budget perspective,” the ICC said in a statement.Pakistan has been forced to play most of its “home” games in the United Arab Emirates after gunmen fired on a bus carrying Sri Lanka’s cricket team in 2009 with rifles, grenades and rockets, wounding six players and a British coach, and killing eight Pakistanis.