The Nimba branch of the national Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) has identified Wea Clan in Buu–Yao Administrative District as a marijuana production center in the county.Speaking to reporters on August 31, DEA County Commander, Col. Julius Kanubah, said citizens in Wea Clan, some of the residents are involved more in the cultivation of marijuana than their staple food, rice.He added that most of the marijuana that has been seized from traffickers is believed to have come from the area. The Clan has approximately five towns including Beaplay, old and new Beadatuo towns, Wea Neintuo and Binwea.Col. Kanubah explained that about two years ago, DEA officers raided several farms in the clan and destroyed huge quantities of young marijuana crops, but those in the production of the illegal substance continued to conduct business in the narcotic drug.He added that due to the limited manpower and the recent outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus disease (EVD), the DEA has been unable to regularly visit some of the suspected farms.He named two towns in the clan where marijuana crops are mainly produced as Wea Beadatuo and Wea Newtown respectively.Col Kanuba also named the Gbi Forest in Lower Nimba County as one of the areas where marijuana is heavily cultivated, more than rice.The Gbi Forest is situated around the Gbi and Dorlu Administrative Districts in Tappita Statutory District, Lower Nimba County. The serious challenges of accessibility to that part of the county presents an apparent security for those growing marijuana undisturbed.However, Col. Kanuba said the DEA is working with the civil authority in Buu–Yao Administrative District; a neighboring district, to help sensitize the residents to desist from cultivating marijuana.In a related development, a Nigerian national who was recently arrested and charged with cocaine trafficking in Ganta has been sent to court for trial.Paul Omerny Ikebgunm was charged for “unlawful possession of a narcotic drug (cocaine) and is expected to appear at the Sanniquellie Magisterial Court to answer to the charge.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Such is the buzz swirling around the match that it will be broadcast live on pay TV and 10,000 fans are expected to cram into the Central Coast Stadium for what is normally a low-key pre-season fixture.The club, which finished bottom of the domestic A-League last season, is planning fireworks and other entertainment to keep fans amused until Bolt makes his entrance.All eyes will be on the eight-time Olympic champion with a local paper planning to distribute 100,000 cardboard cut-out face masks of the 32-year-old for onlookers to wear.“I think that will be a bit weird, but not too weird,” Bolt, who favours playing left wing, joked of the masks. “I’ve seen a little bit of that in track and field. But it will be something new to play the first game and see that.”Bolt dominated sprinting after taking double individual gold at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 and he remains the world record holder for the 100 metres.He went on to win a further six Olympic golds and pick up 11 world titles before retiring last year and pursuing his passion for football.Bolt’s football dream is still a work in progress, with Bolt admitting this week to struggling with the constant stop-start of the sport, unlike his usual quick fire sprint on the athletics track © AFP / Saeed KHANDespite being used to running in front of 100,000 spectators and millions of TV viewers, the nerves are jangling as he enters a new phase in his career, having tried out with several other clubs around the world to no avail.“There will be nerves, definitely. It’s not like a charity game anymore, this is a career I’m pursuing,” said Bolt.“I expect to make mistakes, but I also expect to go in, make myself proud and push myself.”His football dream is still a work in progress, with Bolt admitting this week to struggling with the constant stop-start of the sport, unlike his usual quick fire sprint on the athletics track.“He doesn’t have football fitness, which is natural. We have not brought him in and said you have to do this and do that by this time,” said Mariners coach Mike Mulvey, who has given Bolt an indefinite time to prove himself.“For this Friday, it comes down to what the fitness coaches tell me with regards to how his body’s coping with the loading we’ve got at the moment.“But I would imagine he’s going to be playing some part on Friday.”– Spotlight –Mariners head of performance Andrew Young was blunt in his assessment: “As of right now, Usain’s not in the type of condition required to play A-League,” he told Sydney’s Daily Telegraph.“We have to work on his aerobic capacity and he knows that.”The Mariners kick off their A-League season away to Brisbane Roar on October 21.All eyes will be on the eight-time Olympic champion with a local paper planning to distribute 100,000 cardboard cut-out face masks of the 32-year-old for onlookers to wear © AFP / Saeed KHANDespite Bolt being likely to spend most of Friday’s game on the bench, his presence at the club’s base in Gosford, 75 kilometres (47 miles) north of Sydney, has generated global excitement and Mulvey is lapping it up.“What the lads in the office are telling me, there could be 10,000-12,000 people here, that’s quite unbelievable for a pre-season game. But I welcome it because it puts us under a little bit of a spotlight,” he said.While Bolt is used to the trappings of fame and fortune, he is determined to be just “one of the boys” in his new life around the Gosford area, a popular weekend getaway from Sydney with magnificent national parks and sandy beaches.The bright lights of Sydney are not far away, but he has no plans to be out partying.“I do want to enjoy the city and the life but I’m still going to remember that I’m a professional footballer now so I have to respect the coach and what rules the Mariners put down,” he said.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Usain Bolt is likely to be handed a 10 or 15 minute run-out for Australia’s Central Coast Mariners in a friendly against an amateur side as he works towards his dream of earning a playing contract © AFP / Saeed KHANSYDNEY, Australia, Aug 30 – Usain Bolt is set to get a first taste of competitive football on Friday in a much-hyped game, but the sprint superstar admits he is nervous with his fitness levels not up to scratch.The Jamaican is likely to be handed a 10 or 15 minute run-out for Australia’s Central Coast Mariners in a friendly against an amateur side as he works towards his dream of earning a playing contract and becoming a professional footballer.
Chelsea Sarri re-emerges as Chelsea manager hunt threatens to delay transfer plans Nizaar Kinsella Click here to see more stories from this author Chelsea Correspondent 14:30 6/12/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty/Goal Chelsea Carlo Ancelotti Antonio Conte Napoli Premier League The Blues are still looking at the Napoli head coach but he is among a group of other candidates as complex negotiations continue Chelsea are set to renew their push to bring Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri to the club as their new manager, Goal understands.With Antonio Conte still expected to leave Stamford Bridge this summer, the Blues have struggled to find a replacement due to the complexities of hiring primary target Sarri.Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis – who has already hired Carlo Ancelotti to replace Sarri in Naples – remains firm in his stance that Sarri’s £7 million ($9.4m) release clause be paid as compensation despite it officially having expired on May 31. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Out of his depth! Emery on borrowed time after another abysmal Arsenal display Diving, tactical fouls & the emerging war of words between Guardiola & Klopp Sorry, Cristiano! Pjanic is Juventus’ most important player right now Arsenal would be selling their soul with Mourinho move Chelsea’s reluctance to pay such a fee has led them to look elsewhere, with former Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc and Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic high on their shortlist.Blanc has already begun sounding out potential backroom staff should he be offered the role, but both ex-Barcelona manager Luis Enrique and Roma’s Eusebio Di Francesco have been ruled out of the running despite having spoken to Chelsea regarding the potential vacancy.The five-time Premier League winners remain hopeful, however, that Sarri can be prised from his contract having led Napoli to second place in Serie A last season.The delay in finding a new manager means the west London outfit have fallen well behind their rivals when it comes to securing new signings for next season.Sarri himself has already highlighted Napoli defenders Kalidou Koulibaly and Elseid Hysaj as individuals he would want to bring with him to England, though Chelsea would still get final say on potential incomings as they have previously with other head coaches.The confusion over the club’s future is also creating uncertainty within the squad as star players potentially weigh up exits from the club.Widespread reports have claimed goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will look to move on this summer while Eden Hazard has spoken publicly on a number of occasions that he will only make a firm decision on his future once he knows who will be in the dugout next term.The Belgium forward is keen to play more attacking football than under Conte and continues to be linked with Real Madrid despite Zinedine Zidane’s departure from the Champions League winners.The hold-up in appointing a manager also means that deals for Chelsea’s annual army of loanees cannot be signed off on, with the Blues having had 35 players out on temporary deals last season alone.And with owner Roman Abramovich having had to take up Israeli citizenship after being denied a Visa to enter the UK and with plans to extend Stamford Bridge on hold, there is a real sense of uncertainty around one of England’s most successful clubs of the past decade.