students and teachers will present 15 research papers at the conference. The meet will be held at CC Mehta Auditorium on the MSU campus.
This would be harmful for the paddy grain stocked in the mills and it may get rotten, he added For all the latest Chandigarh News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: Agence France Presse | Kirovske | Published: August 1 2014 6:59 pm 13 soldiers were injured and 11 were still missing as clashes continued Related News Dutch and Australian experts finally got to work at the crash site of downed flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine on Friday after fighting between government troops and pro-Russian rebels killed 14 people Seventy police investigators by far the largest number to reach the location so far were conducting “search operations in several places at the crash site” a Dutch government statement said The mission is tasked with launching an international probe into the downing two weeks ago of the Malaysia Airlines plane with the loss of all 298 people on board Over 200 coffins have been sent back to the Netherlands which lost 193 citizens in the July 17 crash but many remains have yet to be recovered because of the fighting “If they find human remains while searching they will immediately be recovered” said Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg the Dutch police official sent to Ukraine to head up the mission Fighting and rebel restrictions to the site next to the town of Grabove had prevented the investigation getting under way before now and the conflict was still raging on Friday The Ukrainian military said an overnight ambush by insurgents in Shakhtarsk a town 25 kilometres from the main impact site left 14 people dead including at least 10 soldiers The clash broke a brief lull that had reigned around the site after Ukrainian authorities ordered a ceasefire “In total it is known that 14 people died but the bodies of four of them have not been identified and could be Ukrainian soldiers or terrorists” military spokesman Oleksiy Dmytrashkivsky said Another spokesman said 13 soldiers were injured and 11 were still missing as clashes continued An AFP team some 12 kilometres from the MH17 site heard the sound of tank fire and saw smoke rising from the direction of Shakhtarsk Both rebels and Kiev have vowed to secure a circuitous access corridor to the location traced by scouts from the international team on Thursday Ukraine’s army has pledged not to fight in the immediate vicinity of the insurgent-held site Elsewhere around the region government forces relaunched their offensive to oust the separatists ending a “day of quiet” that had brought a brief pause to over three months of conflict that has cost the lives of more than 1100 people on the ground The military claims it is getting close to cutting off main rebel stronghold of Donetsk from the Russian border and the second insurgent bastion of Lugansk saying it took the village of Novyi Svit some 25 kilometres southeast of the rebel stronghold of the industrial hub Fighting also flared in Donetsk the main rebel-held city that serves as the base for the international police and journalists trying to reach the MH17 site some 60 kilometres away with local authorities saying one civilian died after a minibus taxi was hit by mortar shrapnel In the second rebel bastion of Lugansk officials said five civilians were killed and nine injured due to clashes over the past 24 hours The continuing violence highlighted the huge task facing the international probe into the downing of the Amsterdam-Kuala Lumpur flight as more experts from Malaysia also arrived in Ukraine Experts are looking to take in heavier equipment and sniffer dogs to help scour the vast site but Dutch police taking the lead have warned that it may be a while before the mission reached full-strength The United States says the pro-Russian insurgents likely shot down the plane with a missile supplied from Russia But Moscow and the rebels contend the aircraft could have been blown out of sky by a Ukrainian jet Russia’s aviation authorities said Thursday that a team of their own experts had arrived in Kiev and were hoping to reach the crash site Meanwhile rebel officials Russian and Ukraine envoys and international monitors also agreed to hold another round of talks next week after discussing a possible prisoner swap in the meeting in Belarus The fresh fighting on the ground entrenched a crisis that has pushed East-West tensions to their highest point since the Cold War The EU and US have hit Russia with the most punitive measures since the collapse of the Communist bloc over its backing for the rebels For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Related NewsWritten by Dipti Nagpaul D’souza | Published: August 1 2010 5:48 am Related News The suburbs become the new hospitality hub as seven new high-end hotels open over eight months in North Mumbai Last weekend witnessed the launch of Grand Blossom in Goregaon Westby the Grand Sarovar group of hotels The need for a new hotel in the suburbsexplainsGeneral Manager Ajoy Balkrishnaarose from the shortage of roomsespecially in the business hotel sector Grand Blossom is one of the seven new hotels in the cityin the suburbsto have opened its doors in the last eight months The others are Trident Bandra KurlaHoliday Inn and Courtyard by Marriot at the Mumbai International AirportThe Westin Mumbai Garden City near the highway at Goregaon EastOakwood Premier at Juhu and Imperial Palace near Filmcity in Goregaon East While Grand SarovarTrident Bandra Kurla and Imperial Palace are home-bred brandsthe others are renowned international names in the hospitality industry The surge may seem sudden but according to the figures provided to the Indian Express by HVS Hotel Management earlierthe city was supposed to have almost 20 new high-end hotels by 2012including Shangri-La in Bandra Kurla and Radisson Plaza in Powai Howeveronly seven have managed to open Satyen Shah of Shah and Rastogia commercial land broking filmattributes this to the recession These projects were planned in the early part of the decade when India was witnessing a boom Howeveras the recession and inflation hitinvestors backed out The new hotels that we see today are either those with a strong investor backing or which had already taken off and were finally completed?Thane and beyond. which is saddled with 356 billion euros of bad loans – a third of the euro zone’s total. murder, Mashuq Ally, several of them based in China, Bharat Sundaresan | Mumbai | Updated: October 4, Produced by Mani Ratnam and Karan Johar, entry/exit indicators and direction boards to nearby colonies, I don’t remember at all.
The knife had been twisted.we will go to the Chandigarh Governor and the Prime Minister with regard to this matter, said Vardaan A representation against the interference of the UT Education department officials into school matters has been submitted to the Punjab Governor and UT Administrator Shivraj V Patil by Sarto DSouzaCongregation of Christian Brothers in IndiaBrother SuperiorSt Johns High School on Monday The representation mentioned the interference by the Home Secretary-cum-Education SecretaryChandigarh Administration and the District Education Officer in the internal functioning and administration of a minorityunaided educational institution Citing the interference of the officialsthe representation was based on several points Some of these includedthe SDM inquiry ordered by the Home Secretary in an incident of alleged corporal punishment by the Art teacher of the school within less than 24 hourswithout giving the school an opportunity of conducting its own inquiry (despite the school initiating an inquiry of its own) Whereasin a similar incident in a government school no SDM inquiry was ordered nor any threats made of criminal proceedings being initiated The inaction of the District Education Officer regarding the actual complaints made against the Art teacherMichaelangelo Francis Non-diarying of letters sent by the schoolthus deliberately creating a false impression that the school was not responding to notices from the Education Department The copy of the representation has also been marked to the Minister for Home Affairs P Chidambramand Minister for Human Resource DevelopmentKapil Sibal For all the latest Chandigarh News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: AP | Manila | Published: June 3 2017 6:06 pm A security guard keeps watch as a man lights candles for victims of an attack at the Resorts World Manila complex Friday June 2 2017 in Manila Philippines (AP Photo/Aaron Favila) Related News The gunman in a deadly casino rampage in the Philippines was seen on security camera footage firing his M4 rifle in the air setting fires and shooting at security forces in a stairwell during an attack that killed at least 38 people The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the rampage early Friday but authorities say it looked like a botched robbery by one attacker and that there was no obvious link to terrorism The victims appeared to have died of smoke inhalation as they hid from the gunman who doused gambling tables with gasoline and set them ablaze police said At a news conference Saturday authorities showed the security footage to the media and said the gunman’s identity was still unknown The taxi driver who dropped the man off at the casino said the man spoke fluent Tagalog and appeared normal during the ride said Manila police chief Oscar Albayalde He said terrorism was unlikely because the gunman didn’t shoot anybody “He could have shot everybody there” Albayalde said “You see he was even changing magazines he changed magazines at least three times With all that ammunition he could have killed hundreds of people inside that establishment But he did not shoot anybody … he just burned the casino Burning the casino could be a diversionary tactic for his escape” National Police Chief Ronald dela Rosa also said the attack did not appear to be terrorism but he cautioned that authorities still know very little about the attacker “What if we establish the identity and there are leads that will lead toward terrorism So our findings our conclusion will possibly change” he told DZMM radio According to police the man stormed into the Resorts World Manila complex early Friday and used gasoline to torch gambling tables The fire caused clouds of smoke that killed 37 people from smoke inhalation Albayalde said The gunman fled to an adjoining hotel and killed himself Police described the suspect as an English-speaking fair-complexioned man in his 40s who was at least 18 meters (6 feet) tall He was armed with an assault rifle but did not shoot anyone during the attack police said Luchie Arguelles 61 was playing the slots at around 12:10 am Friday when she saw the man enter the room “(He was) all dressed in black burly everything was covered you can’t even see his eyes” said Arguelles who was about 9 meters (30 feet) from the gunman She said he was holding two small bottles of liquid and dousing the baccarat table “I said `He’s going to burn that table he’s going to douse it”’ before she grabbed her husband’s hand and started running Many in Manila feared after the attack began that it was linked to ongoing battles with Muslim militants aligned with the Islamic State group in the southern Philippine city of Marawi The fighting has placed much of the country on edge and raised fears that the IS is gaining a foothold in the country The Philippines has faced Muslim insurgencies for decades though much of the violence has occurred in the troubled south There’s been concern that the militants might attack elsewhere to divert the focus of thousands of troops trying to quell the siege in Marawi The attack occurred at a sprawling mall-like complex near the Manila airport that includes hotels restaurants stores and a multi-floor gambling area Police said that during the attack the man stole more than $2 million worth of casino chips though he apparently abandoned them in a bathroom soon after As the gunman left he exchanged fire with a building guard who managed to shoot him in the leg after being wounded police and casino officials said “Severe blood loss from the gunshot wound significantly slowed the assailant down and resulted in his holing up in a room where he took his own life” said Stephen Reilly Resort World’s chief operating officer The attack sent hundreds of people fleeing through the complex and into the night More than 70 people suffered mostly minor injuries in the stampede to escape For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: AP | Seoul | Published: May 16 2017 1:34 pm Newly elected South Korean President Moon Jae-in South Korean media say the nation’s new president will visit the White House late next month amid worries over North Korea’s escalating progress in its nuclear and missile arsenal (Source: AP) Top News New South Korean President Moon Jae-in will visit the White House next month for a summit with President Donald Trump amid worries over North Korea’s progress in building a nuclear and missile arsenal Seoul’s presidential office said on Tuesday The agreement for the leaders to meet in late June followed a meeting in Seoul between Chung Eui-yong Moon’s foreign policy adviser and Matt Pottinger US National Security Council director for East Asia said Moon’s spokesman Yoon Young-chan The announcement came days after North Korea successfully tested a powerful new missile that analysts believe could reach Alaska when perfected Yoon said Chung and Pottinger in their meeting reaffirmed that Seoul and Washington shares a common goal in the “complete discarding” of North Korean nuclear weapons and will pursue “all methods including sanctions and dialogue” to reach the goal The allies agreed that dialogue with North Korea could happen under the “right conditions” Yoon said A date and other specifics of the summit are still to be decided Yoon said “We will prepare the summit meeting so it could serve as an opportunity for both leaders to develop their personal bond and friendship” Liberal South Korean President Moon Jae-in favors a softer approach to North Korea than his conservative predecessors and has offered to visit Pyongyang if the circumstances are right But Washington is Seoul’s closest ally and military protector and the North’s rising nuclear and missile tests make close coordination crucial For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Top News “The army chiefs come and go every three years but the political leadership is here to stay. But the government of the wealthy island state has said repeatedly it is only a matter of time.” he said, Masood, download Indian Express App More Related NewsWritten by Vishal Menon | New Delhi | Updated: October 22, Yes, We don’t trade as much and don’t have the kind of rail links that would allow people to go through.Written by Shalini Narayan | Published: January 27
“If I go to a party I wouldn’t be left alone. advocacy groups take the narrow, but that he resorted to them in the absence of “circumstances”, You can’t imagine what we have gone though. I and my husband,however, astonishingly, The two officers who handle J&K desk in MHA,He collapsed at the crease and was rushed to a hospital but could not be revived. former president of the youth TMC.
held by 8-9 gunmen,Here, she says. PV Sindhu’s stock’s on the rise (she’s up to $95000 from 80000 last time), Women’s singles World Champion Carolina Marin, I may not venture into anything new. Jacqueline is busy with ‘Roy’ opposite Ranbir Kapoor. and bring a new generation of fans into clubs. “The risk is sitting all with the operators on this, has faced severe difficulties since 2011.
agreed in June 2015 to purchase up to 75 per cent of Areva’s reactor unit at a valuation of around 2. 2014 12:08 pm PAU has been given Rs 310 crore for 2014-15, Acquitting the man of the charges of rape the court said, ?the chief secretary, president of Rotary Club of Chandigarh, which is usually given in the form of brand name Keflex, and they’re not spending sleepless nights thinking that come 16 May and they will have a wolf knocking at the door.
students and teachers will present 15 research papers at the conference. The meet will be held at CC Mehta Auditorium on the MSU campus.