More Cool Stuff Responding to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s decision to lift the Safe-At-Home order, Pasadena City Manager Steve Mermell said local restaurants can open as soon as possible.“Earlier today, Gov. Newsom announced he was lifting the Safe-At-Home order,” Mermell said during Monday’s City Council meeting. “That places Pasadena and the rest of Southern California in the purple tier and allows us to go back to the same business operations that existed in late November and early December. Outdoor dining will be able to resume and other businesses will be able to resume as well.”When Councilmember Tyron Hampton asked when the restaurants could reopen, Mermell said they could reopen that day.The announcement clears the way for outdoor dining to reopen.Citing improving conditions in hospitals, state health officials today lifted all regional stay-at-home orders, including in the 11-county Southern California region, but counties will still be subject to tight regulations of the restrictive “purple” tier of economic reopening guidelines.“Californians heard the urgent message to stay home as much aspossible and accepted that challenge to slow the surge and save lives,” said Dr. Tomas Aragon, California Department of Public Health director and state public health officer.“Together, we changed our activities knowing our short-term sacrifices would lead to longer-term gains. COVID-19 is still here and still deadly, so our work is not over, but it’s important to recognize our collective actions saved lives and we are turning a critical corner,” Aragon said.Pasadena city officials are still studying the governor’s decision and will determine a course of action shortly. The city can implement its own health order that could keep businesses closed.The regional stay-at-home order was imposed in Southern California late last year when intensive-care unit capacity dropped below 15%. The regional capacity subsequently dropped to an adjusted 0%.But state officials said Monday that with hospitalization numbers trending downward, four-week projections now indicate ICU capacity will rise above the 15% threshold.Although the state has lifted the order with little warning, the city of Pasadena still has the option to keep the order in place.The city’s business community lauded the decision on Monday.“This is great. We’ve been waiting for this for two months. Restaurants shouldn’t have closed in the first place,” said Gregg Smith, who owns a number of local restaurants.“If you follow science and data, there isn’t a shred of evidence outdoor dining has infected one person,” Smith said.Smith said he does not think things will go back to normal.“We have to be vigilant, but businesses need to reopen,” he said.Pasadena Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Paul Little said restaurants and small businesses still need help.“The longer this drags on the more desperate it’s going to be, especially for small local retailers and the restaurants,” Little said.“It’s potentially going to be devastating over the next couple of months, even post-pandemic, because they’re just not going to be saving themselves if they don’t get some infusion of cash to pay back rent or some measure of forgiveness and landlords,” Little said.Little called Monday’s decision “a baby step in the right direction.”Little said suspending the order does not address the bigger issues surrounding the order.“There’s no link between infection rates and retail, outdoor dining, fitness studios, hair salons. They feel like they’re being arbitrarily shut down, and when the governor clearly does not believe it’s dangerous to go to a restaurant himself, why is it dangerous for the rest of us?” Little said, referring to an incident in which Newsom was caught violating his own order by attending a dinner with a donor and others.“Partly, I think, he is to blame for some of the spikes in cases, just by his own behavior,” Little said of Newsom. “You lead by example, and he did not do that.”Local Attorney Mark Geragos has filed a federal lawsuit against the state, and an effort to recall Newsom has been picking up supporters,According to the Huntington Hospital COVID information dashboard, 29 patients in the hospital’s intensive care unit are battling the virus and 167 patients in the hospital are infected with the virus.So far, Pasadena has reported 9,776 cases of the virus and 226 fatalities.“I support following the governor’s recommended guidelines for Southern California, and reopening outdoor dining, personal care services and other industries that were previously closed by these orders,” said Los Angeles County Supervisor Kathryn Barger. “A data-driven and pragmatic policy approach is essential to protecting public health, while balancing the devastating social, emotional and economic impacts of this virus.”Although the order has been lifted, Newsom could reinstate another health order at any time.City News Service contributed to this report. 13 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * HerbeautyBohemian Summer: How To Wear The Boho Trend RightHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyTips From A Professional Stylist On How To Look Stunning In 2020HerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyYou’ll Want To Get Married Twice Or Even More Just To Put Them OnHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty12 Most Breathtaking Trends In Fashion HistoryHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyShort On Time? 10-Minute Workouts Are Just What You NeedHerbeautyHerbeauty faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Donald CommunityPCC- COMMUNITYVirtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Community News City Manager Says Outdoor Dining at Restaurants Can Resume Everything that was operating prior to Newsom’s December order is open again, city manager says By ANDRÈ COLEMAN and JOEY REAMS Published on Monday, January 25, 2021 | 3:05 pm Community News Make a comment Top of the News Community News CITY NEWS SERVICE/STAFF REPORT Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday STAFF REPORT First Heatwave Expected Next Week Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Business News STAFF REPORT Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Subscribe
FILM REVIEW – Zombieland 2: Double Tap Previous articlePiano duo Paddy Dennehy and Jack O’Rourke set to perform togetherNext articleInsurance costs no longer sustainable for Limerick business Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR NewsEducationLimerick schools asked to show Racism the Red CardBy Staff Reporter – February 15, 2018 1100 Email FILM REVIEW: 1917 Facebook Linkedin FILM REVIEW: Joker WhatsApp Win more than €1,000 wedding prize for one lucky couple with Strand Hotel and Matthew Stephens Jewellers Twitter FILM REVIEW: Don’t Let Go Advertisement Photo:Barry CroninShow Racism the Red Card are calling on all primary and secondary schools, youth organisations, children and young people in Limerick to enter their annual ‘Anti-Racism Creative Competition 2018.’The competition encourages young people to develop creative anti-racism messages using written, visual and audio-visual means. The deadline for entries is Friday, 30th March 2018.Show Racism the Red Card is an international anti-racism and education charity. Speaking about the Anti-Racism Creative Competition, Garrett Mullan, Executive Director of Show Racism the Red Card, said: “Racism continues to be a serious issue in Irish society, and it’s an issue that needs to be tackled in our schools, youth organisations and sports clubs from Limerick. By encouraging children and young people to use their creativity to develop anti-racist messages, we hope to instill an understanding of the negative implications of racism that will resonate with young people, helping us to stamp out racism.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “Every year we are blown away by the talent of entrants and the creativity and originality of their work. We hope this year will be the same! We’re encouraging all schools and youth organisations around Ireland to get involved.”Schools, organisations and individuals can get involved by registering online at www.theredcard.ie/ competition.Entries can be submitted in the form of written articles, comment pieces, opinion pieces, reports, poems, sculpture, mural, mosaic, artworks, video, film or animation.For further information on how to get involved, please contact [email protected] about education here. TAGScompetitionGarrett MullanschoolsShow Racism the Red Card FILM REVIEW: Ad Astra Print
In the first half of the year, there was an increase in arrivals and overnight stays in almost all tourist destinations in Croatia, but the fact that Zagreb has once again confirmed that its tourist success in the last few years is not accidental is certainly gratifying.Thus, according to the Zagreb Tourist Board, from January to June in the Croatian capital there were 582.619 arrivals and 1.070.080 overnight stays, which is an increase of 9% in arrivals and 11% in overnight stays, compared to the same period last year. In the first six months, most overnight stays were made by guests from the USA, followed by guests from Germany, Italy, South Korea and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Guests from South Korea, the USA, Germany, Italy and China are in the first five places.The story of Advent in Zagreb has been told many times, but perhaps we can just repeat that last year more than 500 million kuna of tourist spending was generated through Advent. Smart enough and quite clear how investing in manifestations is an investment, not a cost. Only quality content can attract visitors, and thus generates consumption as well as earnings for caterers and other exhibitors, and thus we create a complete tourist product.The fact is that Zagreb, despite being “half empty” due to the summer season and vacations, is full of life and how it filled that hole with foreign tourists as well as better activation of the local population, and the main culprit is diverse and quality content.And it is just such, new and quality content, starting with its first steps in Zagreb.Namely, it is a project AROUND, which is dedicated to the artistic research of Zagreb in which small interventions, from 7 to 22 July, will revive a number of public urban spaces and turn them into places where art spontaneously touches everyday life.By combining various media and art forms, with the idea of revitalization and activation of public urban spaces, “Okolo” wants to encourage the interaction of the city and passers-by, artistic exploration of the city, as well as witty and critical reflection on space. As part of this year’s introductory edition of the “Around” project, well-known French street art artists Oak Oak and Levalet, who will innovate more than ten different city locations, will “talk” to the city and passers-by with their works and several Croatian participants.Thus, over twenty locations in the center of Zagreb will be like “carte blanche”, handed over to artists who will raise the content value of selected urban spaces with interesting solutions and to draw attention to their beauty and uniqueness, revealing the potential of the neglected and “empty”, as well as a new dimension of functional spaces, simultaneously connecting and mapping them as places worth stopping and pondering.Photo: Project AROUNDEating one of these great events is definitely a great unique cultural event – Sea of books on Zrinjevac, organized by Lumen Publishing. Thus, from June 29 to July 6, Zrinjevac turned into a beach full of books that you can browse or read for free. On 240 square meters of “beach” on Zrinjevac can be placed in comfortable loungers under umbrellas and with pleasant music and natural shade immerse yourself in – a book.The merger of the public and private sectors took place in Zagreb and we got an ideal mix of diverse and quality content. The private sector woke up in Zagreb, ie it saw its interest – and that is earnings. So we have witnessed in the last few years a boom of various new restaurants, accommodation facilities, offers and facilities. So, regardless of the activities of the Zagreb Tourist Board, at the same time visitors and citizens have at their disposal dozens of different content throughout the city. The combination of private and public is the best thing that could have happened to Zagreb. Both large and medium and small manifestations, stories and contents, because they give the rhythm and soul to the city.A list of all events in Zagreb is available at: http://www.infozagreb.hr/dogadanja#sve. Study it, share it and promote it to your guests, both current and future, because the motive of the destination is not accommodation, but content.
“I’m ecstatic really, I just want to get pre-season started now,” he told Palace’s official website. “The chance came and I had to grab it because I might not get another chance. To be playing in the Premier League from where I’ve come from is a big achievement really. “I’m just really looking forward to it and hopefully I can take the opportunity with both hands and do well.” Gayle was playing in the Essex Senior League with Stansted until 2011. Eagles manager Ian Holloway added on the club website: “I’m absolutely delighted. I was very annoyed when we didn’t get him last year, to be honest. “But now it makes a huge statement for us and it proves that I don’t care where I get my people from. I believe it’s about how good you’re going to be, not just how good you are already. “I think this fella has got Crystal Palace stamped all over him – the way he moves, the way he chases, the way he works. He’s hungry for success and I’m absolutely thrilled that after long conversations we’ve come up with, I think, a proper Palace player. “He’s got an opportunity now to go and enjoy his football and I think he’ll score goals at Premier League level, I really do. He’s born to score goals.” Press Association The 22-year-old, who netted 20 times last season with Dagenham and then Darren Ferguson’s Posh, has signed a four-year contract with the newly promoted Barclays Premier League side. Gayle’s top-flight move caps a memorable year for the forward who only turned professional with Dagenham 12 months ago after scoring 29 goals during a loan spell at Conference North outfit Bishop’s Stortford. Crystal Palace have completed the signing of striker Dwight Gayle from Peterborough for an undisclosed fee.