76SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr,Tyler Atwell Web: www.cuinsight.com Details 1. “I don’t earn enough to save”No matter how much money you make, you should be saving. If you are not able to save, then you are living beyond your means. When you get a paycheck, pay bills, then yourself by putting it into savings. The rest will be your flexible spending money.2. “You have to be rich to invest”If you truly believe this, then what you are really saying is that you don’t know where to start. Anyone with any income can invest. It is one of the best ways to grow your wealth. There are a ton resources out there to help you start out as well as financial professionals who can help you create an investment plan.3. “Buying a home is better than renting”This isn’t exactly a myth, but it isn’t true for everyone. In some cases, owning a home can be a good investment but that depends on the potential owner and where they are in life. Renting is often a better option for those seeking both personal and financial flexibility. Those who are young or just starting out in a new career should stick to renting.4. “Two incomes are better than one”Having two sources of income sounds ideal but it often tempts people into spending more. If you live in a household that has two incomes and can live comfortable off of one, then put the other right into savings.5. “Those who have a lot of things are wealthy”Material wealth does not accurately reflect ones’ current financial status. You could head out right now, buy a house, a new car, a dozen suits and a new Rolex but that would be enough to put most people well into debt. Do not get caught up with material possessions, they may look like wealth, but they will feel like debt.
Feb 28, 2007 (CIDRAP News) – The World Health Organization (WHO) yesterday confirmed Laos’ first human case of H5N1 avian influenza, involving a 15-year-old girl from Vientiane, and Egypt and China also have reported new cases.The Laotian girl fell ill Feb 10 and was hospitalized in Vientiane with fever and respiratory symptoms on Feb 15, the WHO said. She was transferred 2 days later to a public hospital in Nongkhai, Thailand, where she was in stable condition.Last week officials from Thailand, Laos, and the WHO investigated the girl’s village and districts where poultry had died, the WHO report said. The patient’s close contacts were being monitored daily, and adults have been given oseltamivir; all remained healthy, the agency said.Samples obtained by Lao epidemiologists and Thai clinicians were submitted to the National Institute of Health in Thailand, where they tested positive for H5N1 avian influenza, the WHO said. The country has reported sporadic bird outbreaks since 2004; the most recent one involved ducks at two locations in Vientiane prefecture.Elsewhere, Egypt’s health ministry announced yesterday that a 4-year-old girl from the Nile delta province of Daqahliya, about 75 miles northeast of Cairo, had tested positive for H5N1 avian flu, the Associated Press (AP) reported today.Health ministry spokesman Abdul Rahman Shahin said the girl was in stable condition in a Cairo hospital, where she was admitted yesterday with fever and tested positive for the H5N1 virus, the AP reported. If her case is confirmed by the WHO, she will be listed as Egypt’s 23rd case-patient and the country’s fifth patient this year.Two days ago, Egyptian officials denied a report from the Middle East News Agency (MENA), the country’s state news agency, that a 31-year-old woman from the Nile Delta town of Beheira had tested positive for avian flu. The denial was reported Feb 26 by Reuters.Amr Qandil, director of communicable diseases at Egypt’s health ministry, told Reuters the report wasn’t true. “I do not know where they got this information,” he said.The MENA report said the woman, who raised chickens at home, was hospitalized in Damanhour, but was transferred to a hospital in Alexandria when her condition deteriorated, according to Reuters.In China today, officials confirmed that a 44-year-old woman, a farmer from Fujian province, tested positive for avian flu, Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported. According to a report released by China’s Department of Health to Hong Kong’s Government Information Service, the woman developed fever and a cough 10 days ago, AFP reported. Tests conducted by the China Centre for Disease Control and Prevention were positive for the H5N1 virus.The woman’s case is China’s first in 7 weeks and will raise the country’s official count to 23 if confirmed by the WHO.In other avian flu news, Myanmar reported that the H5N1 virus killed poultry at a farm about 5 miles from Rangoon, the country’s largest city, according to a report submitted to the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) today.The outbreak began 2 days ago, killing 68 of 1,360 layer chickens, ducks, and pullets, and officials attributed the outbreak to poor biosecurity on the farm, the report said. The remaining birds were destroyed, and authorities instituted several control measures including limiting poultry movement within the country, screening poultry, and disinfecting the affected area.Myanmar’s last poultry outbreak was reported in April 2006.See also:Feb 27 WHO statementOIE reports on Myanmar outbreak
The 61-year-old Chilean will see out the final year of his contract after holding talks with chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak on Sunday amid speculation that his reign was about to draw to a close. However, with City rumoured to be ready to make a bid to bring Guardiola to the Etihad Stadium when his contract at Bayern Munich expires next summer, he may have his work cut out to win a fresh deal. To that end, Pellegrini, who is currently with his players on the club’s North American tour, is targeting a second title in three seasons to enhance his credentials. He told the Manchester Evening News: “I am sure we are going to return stronger next season that we are going to recover the title for the Etihad. “The same way that our stadium is growing with the new stand, I think the club completely will grow. “There are a lot of important things in our project that we must try to improve every year. “I always have communication every week with the owners. I know exactly what they think – they know what I think also. “Every day, we are talking also with [technical director] Txiki Begiristain and [chief executive] Ferran Soriano – so we will see which is the best way to try to improve our squad and try to recover the title.” City finished a distant second to champions Chelsea this time around with eight points separating the clubs, although they ended the campaign four ahead of third-placed Arsenal and nine better off than derby rivals Manchester United in fourth. Press Association Manuel Pellegrini is confident Manchester City will make a concerted challenge for next season’s Barclays Premier League title as he attempts to fend off Pep Guardiola.
New Delhi: Indian Women’s T20 skipper Harmanpreet Kaur has been demoted from the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) to constable in Punjab police after her graduation certificate turned out to be fake.Punjab’s Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh offered her the post of DSP last year after her power-packed performance in the Women’s World Cup 2017.If sources are to be believed, she is more likely to be demoted to the post of a constable as per her qualifications which is now Class XII.As per the reports, Harmanpreet Kaur submitted her graduation degree of Chaudhary Charan Singh University which on verification turned out to be fake.Earlier, Harmanpreet was employed with Indian Railways and she resigned from the Railways in order to join the Punjab Police.Harmanpreet’s family said, ‘’She did her schooling from Moga and was then selected in the Indian cricket team. She completed her remaining studies from Delhi and Meerut. She was provided a job by the Indian Railways on the basis of the same documents’’.However, Punjab chief minister had also taken up the matter with the Railway Ministry to waive off the bond condition and allow Harmanpreet, who is a native of Moga, to join as a DSP in Punjab. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
MORE COVERAGEJohn Gillon delivers when Syracuse needs it most in upset of No. 6 Florida StateSyracuse pulls off 82-72 upset of No. 6 Florida State for 1st signature win of seasonFan reactions from Syracuse’s upset victory over No. 6 Florida StateWhat we learned from Syracuse’s 82-72 victory over No. 6 Florida State Comments Our beat writers Connor Grossman and Matt Schneidman discuss Syracuse’s (13-9, 5-4 Atlantic Coast) 82-72 victory over No. 6 Florida State (18-4, 6-3). It was SU’s first victory over a Top 10 opponent in the Carrier Dome since December 2013. Published on January 28, 2017 at 5:38 pm Facebook Twitter Google+
“I must say that this is the foremost sporting competition in this country and seeing some of the champions still connected to the championships showed the good organisation that the competition has continued to enjoy. I am pledging the support of the state to the tournament and we hope more top players can come through again like other top stars like Olufunke Oshonaike, Atanda Musa and a host of others,” Tinubu said. However, being the oldest sporting competition in the country, the 48th edition will commence on Monday November 21 with 22 titles expected to be jostled for by players in Lagos State. For Ayodeji Okoya-Thomas, the Okoya-Thomas family would continue to water the seed sown by their late father, while disclosing that this year’s the women singles title would be renamed and known as Lady Olivet Okoya-Thomas Women’s trophy after their departed mother. His words: “This of course will be the second, after 46 years, that is not being addressed by the initiator and sole sponsor of the tournament, Sir Chief Molade Okoya-Thomas. One of his greatest wishes while alive was that the family should continue the sponsorship of the tournament after his demise; we would therefore like to give God all the glory for giving us the enablement to continue this noble legacy for the second year running since he was called to glory.” The grand finale is schedule for Friday November 25 at the Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of Teslim Balogun Stadium.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram As one of its unique sporting competition, the Lagos State Sports Commission (LSSC) has pledged its support to the annual Asoju Oba Molade Okoya-Thomas Table Tennis Cup as the 48th edition of the competition begins on Monday November 21.According to the chairman of LSSC, Deji Tinubu, it behoves on the state to continue to nurture the tournament which had produced stars for the state and the country.
The Ghana Football Association is saddened to learn of the passing of James Essien, the father of Black Stars midfielder Michael Essien.James, who played for Accra Hearts of Oak, had a particular passion for Ghana football and his death is a loss to Ghana football.To Michael, your strength in these trying times is inspiring.We know the loss of your father is not easy to deal with. But the way your are handling it and helping your family is truly amazing.You, your family and the Accra Hearts of Oak fraternity are all in our thoughts at this difficult time.God will definitely show you the way to smiling again. SignedKwesi NyantakyiPresidentGhana Football Association
The Black Satellites are set for this year’s African Youth Championship in Senegal after wrapping up their preparations in Turkey on Wednesday.The team defeated Danish lower side Ringobing IF 2-1 in their final pre-tournament warm-up game played on Tuesday.The Satellites have been camping in Antayla, Turkey for the past two weeks and played their first friendly with Azerbaijan which they won 2-1.“We have enjoyed good hospitality since arriving here and I must say the players have really enjoyed the training tour here because everything was in order,” said Kingsley Osei Bonsu, Vice Chairman of the Black Satellites management committee.He told Joy Sports: “Now we are ready to travel to Senegal for the competition and I hope all we have done here can be replicated there. I believe people see as favourites because we are Ghana, but the truth is, it is our performance that is more important to me.”“We are going to Senegal with our own dreams and expectations and realising them will engage our focus, rather than whether we are favourites or not.” The Black Satellites will leave Antalya on Thursday and head to Senegal, where they open their campaign against South Africa on March 9 before facing Zambia and Mali.–
A ruthless French attack disintegrated a resilient Croatian side 4-2 to win the 2018 World Cup in dramatic fashion.The scoreline was by no means a true reflection of an electric final which was dominated by Croatia but in the end, it was the ruthlessness of Kylian Mbappe and Paul Pogba that made the difference on the day.The first half was thoroughly dramatic with France taking an undeserving 2-1 lead through a Madzukic own goal and a VAR determined penalty coolly converted by Griezmann.Perisic’s superb strike in the first half was enough threat for a promising second half but on the return from the dug-out the comeback kings were deflated by an efficient French defence with a ruthless attack.They didn’t need to create too many chances nor dominate possession; they just had to bury the ones they created and they did that to perfection. Pogba and Mbappe ensured that Madzukic’s late goal from a Lloris howler was nothing more than a gifted consolation. It was a final few predicted- Croatia and France- yet when it came, the great story of the 1998 semi-final was about to be retold all over again.Didier Dechamps was then a player who led the defeat of Croatia in 1998 before thumping Brazil in the final to win France’s first ever World Cup.20-years later he was the coach leading a new breed of young French players against a hugely determined Croatian side motivated by a mercurial skipper Luka Modric and a spirited, sexy president Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic who made presidential hugs to her players an unconventional routine.But in the end Dechamps won the world cup as a player and coach in a fitting finale and left French president Emmanuel Macron and his counterpart in Croatia, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, exchanging a holy kiss to crown a month of great soccer extravaganza. Croatia were on fire in the opening embers of the final, pounding the goal area of the French side with fire and brimstone.Perisic more than once burst forward from the left with pace and power but his final delivery only let him down.For the first time in as many matches, the Croatian midfield marshalled around Modric and Rakitic had completely taken over the center of the field and left Kante and Pogba chasing shadows for the most part.However, after 17 minutes the French side opened their account with the only strike on target and it had to take a misdirected header from Madzukic.The tall Juventus striker made a hush on defensive duties when his glancing header accidentally entered his own net for a Croatian heartbreak and a French celebration. But the lead would only last for ten minutes.Croatia advertised a well-rehearsed free kick, picking Rebic at the far end who then headed it back into the vital area for a tussle but Perisic’s great first touch to beat Kante and a superb left strike gave the Croats a deserving equalizer with Lloris completely beaten.For a team that came back from a goal down to beat Denmark and England in the World Cup, Croatia looked certain of making a historic finish after that Perisic goal but there was another twist in the tale, albeit dramatic and controversial.The man, Perisic, who brought the Croats in again after that early lead, handled the ball in the vital area and left Nestor Pintana with no choice but seek confirmation from the VAR before pointing to the spot for a French penalty. It was a big decision to make in a World Cup final but Pintana had to make it. Antoinne Griezmann stepped up, threw Subasic one way and kicked the ball the other way for France to restore their early lead before going into recess.France had not lost a game anytime Griezmann had scored but playing against the comeback kings was always going to be a different story altogether.Croatia were going to throw everything at France in the hope of an equalizer in the second half and they did. Rebic forced a superb fingertip save from Lloris with just a minute into the second half.In the 50th minute, however, Kylian Mbappe burst forward with his pace beating Vida but his final strike went off the leg of Subasic. Croatia would heave a huge sigh of relief but not for long. Nine minutes later Paul Pogba ended what he started with a clinical finish on his weaker left foot but it had to take an Mbappe for that goal to be complete.Pogba picked Mbappe, 30 yards out with a stupendous volley of a pass and when he got in control, the PSG man had the presence of mind to hold on to possession before providing an incisive cross to find Griezmann who found Pogba at the edge of the box. He fired a low ball but on a rebound, the young United midfielder virtually passed the ball into the net with a little curl on it to beat Subasic in post for Croatia.It looked a tall order for Modric and his men to come back this time. But the story was not over. Croatia dominated possession but it was Mbappe who deepened the woes of the Croatian men with a well taken shot on the edge.4-1 it was on the 65th minute and game over it seemed until Lloris decided to gift Madzukic a goal in the 69th minute.The Hotspur shot-stopper in a moment of madness attempted a little trickery with Madzukic lurking but the ball which was meant for a nutmeg went off the Juventus striker and strolled into the yawning net for a Croatia lifeline. With 20 minutes more to go, Croatia felt a comeback was not an impossible task after all with Modric and Rakitic throwing everything in. But Umtiti and Varane in defence for France held on with zeal and purpose until the final whistle when French players burst onto the field in jubilation with Croatia players sinking to the ground in despair. France had won; Croatia had lost despite putting a vintage, resilient performance to end the 2018 World Cup.
Provincial Health Officer, Doctor Perry Kendall, is out with his annual reminder for parents, to start the school year with an up-to-date immunization schedule.He says, “By the time a child reaches five or six years old, he or she should have received booster shots that protect against, measles, polio, chicken pox, whooping cough and more,” and he adds, “kids in grades six and nine should receive follow-up vaccinations.”Doctor Kendall believes over the past 50 years, childhood immunization has been one of the primary keys, to saving young lives and preventing illness.- Advertisement -“Being up to date with your child’s immunizations is really critically important. It will protect your child, but also importantly the community, and it will protect children who themselves aren’t able to be vaccinated because of some underlying medical condition.”All that said, parents are reminded to check with the local public health unit or their health care provider to see if any shots are missing in a family immunization schedule.