RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Previous articleUpdate – Road conditions improve after heavy afternoon snowNext articleAgriculture Minister urged to process weather related payments as fast as possible News Highland Pinterest Facebook Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire WhatsApp Cllr Peter Mc Laughlin added to the FG ticket in Inishowen Facebook Twitter Twitter News Fine Gael has added Buncrana Mayor Cllr Peter Mc Laughlin to the ticket in Inishowen for the forthcoming local elections.Cllr Mc Laughlin left a selection convention earlier this month claiming he had been shafted, after it emerged that approaches had been made to Independent Buncrana Cllr Nicholas Crossan to run on behalf of the party, even thought Cllr Mc Laughlin had made it known he wanted to run for a county council seat.The convention unanimously ratified the candidacy of the three sitting councillors in the area, Mickey Doherty, Bernard Mc Guinness and John Ryan. Cllr Mc Laughlin had withdrawn from the race after it became clear that only three candidates would be nominated at convention, with the possiblity of further additions in the future. Pinterest Google+ By News Highland – February 14, 2014 Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Google+ WhatsApp
Organizations are struggling with where and how to start their Big Data Journeys. There are opportunities to help companies analyze the “dark” data that they already have and identify and prioritize other internal and external data sources that they could leverage.Bill Schmarzo responds to findings from a recent KPMG survey in this recent post on InFocus, a sister blog within the EMC community.
King Street Youth Center wins national award from the USTAThe King Street Youth Center wins National Junior Tennis League Section of the Year Award from the United States Tennis Association. As part of this Award Executive Director Vicky Smith and Development Director Kelli Shonter were given scholarships to attend the Community Tennis Development Workshop in Las Vegas, NV (Feb. 21-24, 2008).The USTA National Junior Tennis League seeks to develop the character of young people through tennis and to emphasize the ideals of Arthur Ashe by: ” Reaching out to those who may not otherwise have the opportunity to play the sport. ” Instilling in youngsters the values of leadership and academic excellence. ” Giving youngsters the opportunity to fully develop their tennis skills so they can drive a lifetime of enjoyment form the sport.The King Street Youth Center has worked with the USTA since 2002 when the Kids on the Ball program was launched in partnership with the Sports and Fitness Edge. The Kids on the Ball program, created by local pro Jake Agna, provides an opportunity for low income Burlington children and youth to learn the great game of tennis. The King Street Youth Center currently brings tennis to Burlington youth through programming at the center, Burlington elementary and middle schools as well as tennis in the parks throughout the summer.The mission of the King Street Youth Center to promote personal and social wellness through educational, recreational and social programs.
Arizona utility to add 1,000MW of solar by 2025 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Arizona Republic:Salt River Project will massively increase the amount of solar energy the utility uses by 2025, saving the company money and reducing its reliance on natural gas, officials said Thursday. SRP officials said they plan to add 1,000 megawatts of solar to the system over seven years, a big increase from the 200 megawatts on SRP’s system today.CEO Mike Hummel told the board members the amount is the maximum amount of solar energy SRP can put into service without major impacts on the grid and the company’s coal-fired power plants. “It is an aggressive move on renewables,” Hummel said. “It is an aggressive move on scale. But it is one I believe we can make work.”SRP also has about 180 megawatts of solar on its system that customers have installed, and that figure is expected to grow to about 300 megawatts over the same time, Hummel said.SRP came up with the plan after setting out to explore the maximum amount of solar energy it could accommodate on the power grid, he said. During the hottest hours of the hottest days, power demand from SRP customers peaks at about 7,000 megawatts.The plan means SRP will get 16 percent of its energy supply from renewable sources in 2025, with 11 percent of that from solar alone. It will get another 11 percent of its supply from energy-efficiency measures that encourage customers to use less electricity.SRP officials didn’t offer a cost estimate since the utility won’t construct plants, but Courtright said based on market prices today SRP should save money because solar energy is cheaper than power from natural gas plants.More: Salt River Project plans massive increase in solar power use
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Federal authorities arrested an elderly East Moriches man they said cut-and-pasted faces of children he photographed in public into hundreds of adult pornographic images—some in which he added his own face.Jay Lockett Sears, a 73-year-old high-profile architect, was scheduled to be arraigned Friday at Central Islip federal court after being charged with possessing child pornography. He faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.“Sears victimized countless children by using their innocent images to create child pornography,” said Loretta E. Lynch, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. “He then went so far as to use his own image to virtually join in the exploited scenarios he created.”Suffolk County police became aware of his case Jan. 11 when numerous bags containing hundreds of child porn images were found in trash removed from his apartment. The images were discarded in anticipation of Sears vacating his apartment.Parents who believe that their children may have been the victims of child pornography should contact the Suffolk County Computer Crimes Squad at 631-852-6279 or the Federal Bureau of Investigation at 631-501-8600.
continue reading » 16SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Over the last few years, the FTC has reported a growing number of complaints about scams involving counterfeited checks. Fake checks are used in numerous types of scams, and are therefore quite dangerous to your financial institution and accountholders.Uncovering a fraudulent check can take much longer than the time your financial institution is given to clear a deposited check – and scam artists are ready and willing to take advantage of this fact. By the time you discover a fake check, the criminal could be long gone, and your accountholder may be stuck repaying some or all of the owed funds.Take steps to ensure your accountholders’ finances – and your reputation – stay in the green! Share the below tips with your accountholders to help them prevent an attack involving fake checks:
NFL owners also unanimously agreed to allow two more teams into an already expanded play-off field in the event the 2020 regular-season schedule is not completed in 18 weeks, NFL Network reported.The contingency plan has the potential to put 16 teams into a jam-packed race to the Super Bowl.In a March vote among owners, the playoff field was expanded to 14 teams for this season, meaning that 43.8 per cent of the teams would make it to the postseason. Now, a 16-team playoff – allowing half the teams to make it in the field – would happen if the COVID-19 pandemic further wreaks havoc on the schedule.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – NFL owners have approved a proposal which incentivises the development of minority coaches and executives.The proposal, which is subject to approval from the NFL Players Association, will reward a team with a third-round compensatory Draft pick in back to back Drafts if another team hires a member of their staff to a higher role.The coach or executive has to have been with their previous team for a minimum of two years for the compensation to apply.- Advertisement – The NFL is pushing to increase opportunities for minorities in coaching and executive positions While the NFL normally has each team complete a 16-game schedule in 17 weeks, an 18th week will be added as a buffer for any games that were postponed amid the pandemic. If any games with playoff implications still remain after 18 weeks, the 16-team play-off plan would go into effect.An original plan for a 16-team playoff would have seeded the teams by their record in the conference from best to worst. But a change Tuesday will make the division winners the top four seeds while categorizing the remainder of the field as wild cards.That decision has a major impact on the NFC East, whose winner would get a top-four seed in the 16-team playoff plan, even though they could finish under .500. At issue was a scenario where eight NFC teams had a better record than the NFC East winner. NFL owners also unanimously agreed to allow two more teams into an already expanded play-off field in the event the 2020 regular-season schedule is not completed in 18 weeks; The contingency plan has the potential to put 16 teams into a jam-packed race to the Super Bowl. Last Updated: 10/11/20 11:09pm – Advertisement –
Doctors withdrew their plan to light candles in homes and hospitals across India, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government promised to ensure their safety against rising violence over fears medical staff are spreading the deadly coronavirus.The Indian Medical Association had planned the silent protest for 9 p.m. on Wednesday, a stark parallel to Modi’s own exercise a few days earlier, when he urged Indians to light lamps to honor and support doctors. Home Minister Amit Shah, Modi’s confidante, appealed to the IMA not to hold even a symbolic protest and assured them of safety and support.“He has assured that government of India will take all necessary steps and come out shortly with relevant legislations to address the safety and dignity of doctors and healthcare givers,” the IMA said in a statement Wednesday. It said it is withdrawing the protest “to maintain the unity and integrity of our country.” While a backlash against doctors has been seen from Australia to the Philippines, it’s proving more widespread and intense in India, where trust in the healthcare system was already low, misinformation is rampant on social media, and tensions are mounting as the country’s strictly enforced 40-day lockdown drags on.Indian doctors over recent weeks have endured campaigns from their neighbors to force them out of apartment buildings, been attacked by a mob while tracing contacts of a coronavirus case through the slums, and have also been stopped by police and beaten with batons on the way back home from an emergency shift.The final straw was an attack on a convoy carrying the body of a doctor who died of Covid-19. Local media published reports on how his family and friends were attacked by mobs wielding sticks and stones as they tried to bury him, and his colleagues broke down on TV as they narrated the ordeal.“IMA has maintained utmost restraint and patience inspite of extreme provocation,” the IMA had previously said, while calling for the protest. “If dignity is denied even in death, our patience and restraint lose their value.”Topics :